Diagnostics Centre of the Railway Infrastructure Directorate is a structural unit of the stock company "Lithuanian Railways".
Main goal of the Diagnostics Centre – along with the Railway Infrastructure Directorate, its subordinate and managed structural subsidiaries "Vilnius Railway Infrastructure," "Kaunas Railway Infrastructure," "Siauliai Railway Infrastructure," and "Klaipeda Railway Infrastructure," (hereinafter – the Subsidiaries), to ensure a safe traffic of trains by Lithuania's railways.
- Supervision of road, structure maintenance works performed by the Subsidiaries;
- Inspection of the state of maintained roads, structures, automation, communications, and power supply facilities;
- Development of road repairs, automation, communication and power supply installation and upgrade projects;
- Submission of Subsidiaries' railway infrastructure performance analyses to managers of the Directorate.
Within the structure of SC "Lithuanian Railways," Diagnostics Centre is subordinate to the Railway Infrastructure Directorate. The Centre is managed by the head of the Diagnostics Centre. By the functions performed, the Diagnostics Centre consists of:
Transport Research Laboratory
Controls road structures, embankment maintained by the Subsidiaries, embankment surveys, geodetic works, prepares the main station roads' longitudinal profiles and scaled station schemes, develops ral repair and signalling equipment reconstruction projects. The laboratory consists of two bars:
- Engineering and Technical Maintenance Bar - controls road structure, embankment maintenance, studies of defective road structures and embankment, as well develops road repair and signalling equipment reconstruction projects.
- Surveying Bar - perform basic surveying works for preparation of station road longitudinal profiles and scaled station schemes, as well as surveying studies for engineering activities.
Track Maintenance Laboratory
Controls rail track termite welding and NDT bar/point works performed by the Subsidiaries. Performs training and certification of NDT bar/point operators, maintenance and repairs of ultrasonic flaw detectors.
Road Geometry Control Laboratory
Evaluates the condition of railway track geometry parameters and structure gauge, controls structure gauge maintenance works.
Performs metrological control of compliance of track gauge measuring devices, road trucks, rail ultrasonic flaw detectors and GSM-R base station electromagnetic radiation with Lithuanian hygiene standard.
Electrical Engineering Laboratory
Controls automation, communication and power supply facilities maintenance works performed by the Subsidiaries.
Updated on 2018-11-02