Subsidiary of SC „Lithuanian Railways" "Vilnius Railway Infrastructure"
Subsidiary of SC "Lithuanian Railways," "Vilnius Railway Infrastructure," was founded in 2001, by combining railway sections of Vilnius and Svencioneliai, Vilnius automation and communications section, Vilnius power supply section, Lentvaris road repair station, and Vilnius structures and facilities engineering section. At that time, the subsidiary was assigned to serve the major (east and south) section of the Lithuanian railway infrastructure. A special role in the Lithuanian railway sector belongs to the IX B international transit railway corridor, which is used to transport the major part of freight through Lithuania. The subsidiary maintains and repairs 213.7 km of the IX B corridor railway.
"Vilnius Railway Infrastructure" serves 7 train directions: Vilnius - Kena - State border; Vilnius – Vievis; Vilnius - Stasyla - State border; Naujoji Vilnia - Turmantas - State border; Vilnius - Marcinkonys; Kyviskes - Valciunai and Paneriai - Valciunai.
The subsidiary's work is organized for ensuring a continuous and safe movement of trains, correct distribution of operating functions among the subsidiary's structural units within their capacities:
- Railway sections of Vilnius and Svencioneliai carry out and control operation of bars assigned to them, Naujoji Vilnia and Lentvaris material configuration bases, provide a proper maintenance to access, station, and main roads, to railway superstructure, road equipment, switches, level crossings, road signs and equipment, in order to ensure capacity and reliability of road and road facilities;
- Road Maintenance Service arranges and ensures execution of road and its major facilities' preventive and routine repair works in accordance to the operation quality requirements;
- Road Structures Service provides a proper maintenance to the subsidiary's road structures (railway bridges, viaducts, culverts, passenger platforms, tunnels, and a subgrade);
- Automation Service assures a proper performance, operation and maintenance of the subsidiary's signalling equipment in accordance with technical regulations;
- Communications Service assures a proper performance, operation and maintenance of the subsidiary's communications, radio, rolling stock automatic control devices;
- Power Supply Service organizes, conducts and controls the subsidiary's power supply equipment maintenance and repair, assures their reliable functioning, a proper condition;
- Contact Line Service organizes, conducts and controls the subsidiary contact lines' power supply equipment maintenance and repair, assures their reliable functioning, a proper condition;
- Energy Equipment Service provides a maintenance to electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, gas, hot water facilities, elevators, escalators, compressed air equipment and compressors arranged in the subsidiary's buildings;
- Transport and Machinery Service organizes, conducts and controls a proper operation and maintenance of the subsidiary's road machinery, motor vehicles, mechanisms, small mechanization and equipment;
- Structures Service provides a maintenance to the subsidiary's buildings;
- Water Supply Service provides a proper maintenance to the subsidiary's water supply, household, industrial, storm water, outside, building, indoor networks, water supply plants and equipment, ensures a continuous supply of water of suitable quality to consumers.
In total, the subsidiary's staff serves 934.4 km of railway tracks, with 1008 switches, 133 level crossings, 65 bridges, 325 culverts, and 126.6 km of contact lines.
"Vilnius Railway Infrastructure" has introduced a variety of advanced alarm systems for controlling, managing, and ensuring a traffic safety in the subsidiary's stations and intermediate stations. In addition, Vaidotai railway station is equipped with modern microprocessor hump centralization and operates innovative wagon braking devices. It should be noted that the subsidiary was the first to operate a crane KRC 1600, with the capacity of 160 tons.
Driving force of the subsidiary is its staff, therefore, the subsidiary is entirely focused on comprehensive development and the welfare of the team. Employees are provided with a transparent salary system, clear career opportunities; mush attention is paid to the health and safety of employee, to integration of young specialists, to professional development and cultural activities. Currently, the subsidiary employs 1,197 people, of which 308 employees have higher education. The subsidiary's aim is so that every employee, regardless of his/her position, seeks to become a highly skilled professional, to use his/her knowledge and initiative for contribution to improvement, modernization of the subsidiary's activities, and achievement of its goals.
Updated on 2018-11-02